A Little About My Writing Ambitions

I always wanted to write a best-seller, especially in the horror/thriller genre, but after exploring every form of writing possible while studying my Diploma of Professional Writing and Editing, I've found that being able to produce a well-written essay or successful poem provides the same level of satisfaction. It doesn't matter what I write, as long as I write it well.

Writing for children is the hardest, yet most rewarding, albeit not in a monetary sense. Yes, it's a harder market to crack, but a child's enthusiasm for a story I've written holds a magic that adults just don't possess.

The most important thing for me right now is that everything I write makes a difference to someone's life. Whether it's successful copy for an advertisement, a poem for a special event or a bigger project, my goal is to make a difference with carefully crafted words.

Thursday, April 05, 2012

New Project

I've just started a new project – ghostwriting a book for a lovely lady, who has an inspirational story to share. I can't say much more about it here, but we're both very excited about it and I have no doubt that it will be as much of an emotional and enlightening journey for me as working on the bushfire book, Beneath Dark Skies, was.


So the puppets will have to bide their time on the shelf above my desk. I try not to look up at them too often as it means several sets of eyes looking at me and asking 'why'. Except for the one that's cross-eyed – he just looks confused.



No comments:

The star of my first children's story, 'Magpie's Nest'.

The star of my first children's story, 'Magpie's Nest'.
Magpie returns to the tallest tree in the park to discover his nest and the branch where it sat gone!